Welcome to the BEYOND THE BREAK-UP 5-Day Series!
Thank you for trusting me with this moment in time in your life! I believe you’re going to come through this situation as a more fabulous version of yourself! Check out today’s video as we work to move beyond the break-up!
Here are the key takeaways I want you to have.
- You are valuable – Your worth is not determined by who you’re with or your relationship status. You are valuable because of who you are.
- You are loved – Love is surrounding you. You are loved. Step back from the emotion of your current situation and appreciate all of the places you can find love in your life right now! Remember all of the people who need you in their lives. Think back on the happy memories you have with family and friends. Remember the sound of laughter when you spend time with friends and family. You are so loved!
- You are worthy of love – Not only are you loved, you are also worthy of receiving love! You have so much to offer the world. Always keep your value and self-worth at the front of your mind.
- This break-up does not define you – It’s so easy to feel as though this break-up defines you, but it’s just a moment in time in your life. Your relationship status doesn’t define who you are.
- Make sure you have a support system – Evaluate your support system. Do you have friends or family who can provide support to you at this challenging time in your life. Even if you’re normally a very independent person, use this opportunity to lean on your support system. If you find you don’t have the support system you need to get through this time, explore finding a professional counsellor who can support you during this time.
- Try counseling – In many cases, your best form of support will come from your family and friends. They love you and care about you. They have your best interest in mind. But sometimes, you may find that they’re not around or you need an impartial, unbiased opinion. Or, your issues may go beyond the support a family or friend can offer. These are the times you may choose to find a counsellor in your area or to find an online counsellor.
- Journaling is a great way to sort through your feelings and emotions – Use journaling to help sort your thoughts and feelings. As you write, don’t worry about making it perfect it – this isn’t a writing contest. It’s just an outlet for your emotions.
- This is just one moment in time – You will get passed this moment in time. It’s just a season in your life. It’s not your forever.
- You can move beyond this break-up and be a more fabulous version of yourself – You may not see the light at the end of this dark experience, and you don’t need to see it. You just need to know that it’s there. There is life after this experience. You simply need to keep putting one foot in front of the other until you make it to brighter days.